Thursday 26 November 2009

Target Audience

For my thriller film, of the sub genre horror i must ensure that i have a specific target auidence in which i aim to entertain throughout the opening of my film.
I have chosen to research my audience by using the site
http://www.bbfc.co.uk/


This site allows me to research each film certificates criteria and establish if the opening to my film is likely to conform to a cerificate of 12 or 15.

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/recent/films
This part of the website allowed me to determine common trends for each cerificate. For example, 'strong' is the common word used associated with language, violence and sexual themes for a 15, whereas, the words associated with a 12 are mostly 'moderate' and 'infrequent' regarding language, violence and sexual themes.
In studying this page further i looked at films of the horror genre such as 'the forth kind' and 'paranormal activity' which are both 15's and found that the labels attached to these films were 'contains strong psychological horror' and 'contains strong language and threat'

In the production of the opening to my horror film, i must consider the common trends i have established and work out what certificate my production would most likely come under. I must also ensure that the technical codes conform to my target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment