Saturday 2 January 2010

Ideas for my main filming task.

Some ideas that i have gathered are:
- An isolated house newly owned by a disorientated female character.
- There is a build up of questions in the viewers' mind. What happened to her? Why is she like this?
- Through the character being female I believe the idea of victimisation and vulnerablity is more successfully conveyed.
- I am going to use alot of CU's in my production similar to that of the innocents, in which plot and characters are revealed through body language. I would use a close up of a characters hands, revealing discomfort and desperation. Also, i would use a close up of the face to reveal disoriantation, shifting eyes for example. I took the idea from the innocents to use a fade from a close up of a character whom is desperate and something has obviously happened to them before this point to the same character at a different time before. This use of editing would allow the viewer to establish that something happened to this character and they are now going to see exactly what did happen to this character. I think that using this in an opening sequence is a good way to maintain interest and intruige aswell as conforming to the conventions of horror by making the audience experience a sense of discomfort in viewing certain situations.

In studying 'Rosemarys baby' directed by Roman Polanski, I like the idea of somebody moving into a new house, to then experience perculiar occurances.
In another film by Roman Polanski, Repulsion, I also like the idea of a females character disintigrating and gradually deepening into madness.

No comments:

Post a Comment